Elm Street Introduces S.A.D.D….Students Against Destructive Decisions
Elm Street’s first official S.A.D.D. meeting will take place on Thursday, December 3, 2015 during advisory in the cafeteria. The first after school meeting will be in room 114 on Wednesday, December 16.
All students are welcome!
The Nashua Prevention Coalition is partnering with the Nashua School District to bring S.A.D.D. Chapters to the Middle Schools, with the mission of increasing awareness, education and community involvement in substance abuse prevention and reduction for children and teens.
Elm Street Middle School S.AD.D. will plan and organize alcohol and drug prevention programs and activities targeting differing age groups in the community. This will include, but is not limited to, assisting students in designing and implementing action projects in the following categories:
- Community presentations to peers, younger students or adult audiences
- Creating media
- Awareness projects in the school or community at large
- Policy change (state legislation; school policy; etc.)
Leadership training of students on core skill and knowledge areas to include:
S.A.D.D. Monthly Themes
- Public Speaking
- Communicating through various forms of media (posters, written documents, etc.)
- Developing original media such as radio PSA’s or videos
- Expand knowledge of substance abuse issues so they can utilize that knowledge in planning projects.
December: Impaired Driving Prevention
January: National Drugs and Alcohol Facts
February: Eating Disorder Awareness
March: National Suicide Awareness
April: Alcohol Awareness Month